5 Things to look for when choosing a new dental practice for you or your family
- Posted on: Mar 15 2020
Are you considering a new dental practice? Have you just moved to the Racine, WI area and want to work with a dentist who is affordable, competent, and provides comprehensive care under one roof? Finding a new dentist can be overwhelming, especially when you are looking for a team that has your best interests at heart. When searching for a new dentist, it is essential that a patient consider the following tips and recommendations during their research:
• Seek a dentist who has a great reputation. When searching for a new dental practice for yourself or your family, it is critical that you consider the reputation of the dentist in the area. You can research the dental practice and practice history by reading online reviews. These reviews may include positive and negative experiences patients have had with the dental facility.
• Contact the state dental board. Every state has a state dental board that holds their dentists accountable for providing quality care. Patients considering a dentist can view the history of complaints and claims that may have been brought forth against a dentist. Reviewing these claims can help you make an educated decision as to whether or not the dentist is a good fit for your needs.
• Visit with the dentist. Many dental practices offer free consultation appointments or reduced-rate new patient evaluations. This is a great time to visit the dental practice you are considering and ask questions about the care you will be receiving. Finding a dentist that you feel comfortable with is important.
• Consider word-of-mouth recommendations. Ask your neighbors, friends, and coworkers about the dentist they choose for themselves or their family. Practices that offer quality care will often be brought up repeatedly amongst patients and families in the community.
• Find a dentist that offers many services under one roof. Many patients want to build a trusting relationship with their dentist and may feel uneasy about being referred to another professional for certain procedures. Find a dental practice that offers a wide selection of treatments and services, including general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry.
Ready for comprehensive care and a friendly face?
Contact Dr. Michael Westman of Racine, WI today to schedule yourself or a family member for a dental appointment. Our facility is located at 4944 Charles Street and can be reached by phone for an appointment at (262) 639-7000.
Posted in: Family Dental Care