At our office, we have installed REME HALO® HVAC Duct Air Purifier units to make our office safer. This purifier is capable of purifying every cubic inch of air that our central air conditioning system reaches, and it has been redesigned and improved to feature higher ionized hydroperoxide output, which gives faster kill rates for microbial contaminants in the air as well as on surfaces.
In our office, we also use BioSure CDU, which produces ozone-water that is a more effective disinfectant than bleach. It is completely safe with no chemicals, and is even great for disinfecting wounds. This system allows us to provide a more effective and economical way to offer a consistent and unconditional supply of bacteria-free water for our dental treatments.
What is the Reme Halo® Air Purification System?
The REME HALO® system is an in-duct air purifier that is designed to eliminate what is known as “sick building syndrome” risks by neutralizing odors, particulate, air pollutants, chemical odors, smoke, mold, bacteria, and, what could be the most important in these times, viruses such as COVID-19.
At Dr. Westman’s, we’ve mounted our REME HALO® system in our air conditioning and heating system ductwork. This is where most problems with building contaminants originate. This HVAC distribution ensures the safest environment for our patients from Racine and the surrounding areas.
What Kind of Results Do We Get From the Reme Halo® Purification System?
These are the results our REME HALO® system delivers:
- Kills up to 99% of bacteria, molds, and viruses.
- REME reduces sneeze germs by 99% within the time a sneeze projection can reach three feet.
- New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces.
- Dual ionizers reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, and mold spores).
- Because it is installed in our HVAC system, the REME HALO® provides purification for our entire office complex.
What Other Organizations Have Used or Approved the Reme Halo® Purification System?
When researching various purification options, Dr. Westman trusted these references:
- The U.S. Military approves REME HALO® for mold reduction in field hospitals.
- International and U.S. Hospital Associations approve the system to protect against infectious diseases, including 99% of staph infections.
- U.S. school systems using REME HALO® report a 20% reduction in absenteeism.
- Tested and approved by the Chinese Government for protection against the SARS virus.
- Approved by the USDA, FSIS, and FDA for use in food processing plants to reduce microbial contamination.
- Approved by cruise lines as a preventive measure against Norwalk Virus outbreaks.
How Does the Reme Halo® Purification Work to Provide a Clean Environment?
The REME HALO® in-duct air purification system utilizes “reflective electromagnetic energy” (REME) technology. The REME system produces hydroperoxide plasma that is delivered throughout the duct work with heating or cooling and is distributed throughout our Westman Dental offices. When the REME HALO® hydroperoxide plasma is distributed throughout the office air, any bacteria, viruses, gases, odors, and other germs encountered are instantly killed or eliminated. This is how the system neutralizes sneeze contaminants within just three feet from the source. The charged plasma also induces particles to coagulate/stick together, making them larger and easier to be collected by the system filters. This dramatically eliminates particulates such as dust, dander, and mold spores.
Is the Reme Halo® Purification System Safe?
The breakthrough that enables REME HALO® to do such an awesome job purifying our spaces at Westman Dental is the hydroperoxide plasma. Although you’ve probably never heard of them, hydroperoxides have been a common part of the natural environment for over three-and-a-half billion years. Hydroperoxides are created in our atmosphere whenever three components are present: oxygen molecules, water vapor, and electromagnetic energy. The electromagnetic energy in the REME HALO® creates hydroperoxides.
Hydroperoxides are very effective at destroying harmful microbes in the air and on surfaces. As oxidants, they do this by either destroying the microbe through a process known as cell lysing or by changing its molecular structure and rendering it harmless. The amount of hydroperoxides required to provide this level of indoor purification is well below the level that is constantly found in outdoor air.
There is no known case of hydroperoxides ever having a negative impact on health.
What is Biosure CDU?
We combine the REME HALO’s air purification with our BioSure Compact Disinfection Unit (CDU). The BioSure CDU further reduces infection risks, sanitizes surfaces throughout our offices, provides bacteria-free water, and keeps our instruments clean and sanitary.
How Does Biosure Cdu Keep Surfaces and Instruments Disinfected?
The ozonated water created by the BioSure system is the key. Here’s how it keeps our offices disinfected and safe. It is a three-step process.
- Ozone oxidizes bacteria cell walls and membranes, allowing water and additional ozone to enter the cell.
- The sudden flood of ozone and hydroxyl dissolved in water causes cell lysis/bursting of the cell walls. This destroys the microbe. The cell’s genetic material and enzymes are released into the ozonated water.
- In the ozonated water, the unleashed cell components are harmless, and the ozone reverts back to its stable oxygen state. This leaves no residue and creates complete disinfection.
Where is Biosure CDU Used in Dr. Westman’s Practice?
Tap water travels through the BioSure pre-filter and into the Compact Disinfection Unit, which creates ozonated water that we then use in a variety of ways:
- Hand washing — After we wash our hands, we rinse for 20 seconds under ozonated water from the BioSure CDU. This enhances detergent performance.
- Instrument pre-wash — We pre-wash all of our instruments with ozonated water as an additional step combined with sterilization.
- Surface disinfection — We moisten cloths with ozonated water and also use spray bottles with ozonated water for wiping down surfaces throughout the office.
- Bacteria-free water — We use the system’s bacteria-free water for washing skin, mouths, and wounds. We also soak or wash impressions, prostheses, dentures, nightguards, bleaching trays, temporary crowns and bridges, implants, abutments, and more with BioSure CDU’s ozonated water.
- Mouth rinse — We use BioSure ozonated water as a pre-procedural rinse for patients.
- Treatment area irrigation — We fill syringes with BioSure CDU ozonated water to irrigate various treatment areas. This improves hygiene and care, reduces the risk of infection, does not interfere with dental material bond strength, and is effective against 99% of microbes including E. coli.
Contact US Today To Learn More
If you're interested in learning more about our COVID safety precautions please contact us for a consultation at 262.639.7000 or fill out our contact us form. We will discuss your needs and concerns, and determine your best course of action.