WANT ORAL HEALTH FOR LIFE?
Regular dental cleaning should be part of your defense
Your dental hygienist at Dr. Westman in Racine likes to ensure that your oral health remains at its best. Our training, tools and techniques will provide you will all that’s possible in today’s dentistry.
When brushing and flossing your teeth twice daily, it will become your first defence in preventing oral health problems.
Second defence: regular dental cleaning. It’s something we think you can’t afford to skip. Even the most dedicated brusher and flosser can’t do it alone.
Yes, professional dental cleaning is really important
Oral bacteria are a natural presence in your mouth. Most of it will not do any harm, but when the bacteria volume builds up it could cause infections, decay, or gum disease.
How oral bacteria impact your health
- Oral bacteria thrive on sugars
- The bacteria convert the sugars into acid
- The acid can erode the enamel on our teeth
- Bacteria combined with the natural saliva minerals will adhere to the teeth
- This will increase the amount of oral diseases
Your oral health is at risk
Before scheduling your appointment with Dr. Westman’s dental hygienist in Racine
- document any oral health or medical issues you may be experiencing
- assess whether you have any mouth, tongue, gums or teeth issues
- bring any x-rays from your previous dentist when available
- brush and floss your teeth
- write down any questions you may have
Make professional dental cleanings part of your life
Preventive dental care will help you:
- avoid painful problems
- avoid treatment
- keep your teeth for life