Tired of your CPAP? 2 CPAP alternatives for obstructive sleep apnea
Are you one of the many people diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea? Has the CPAP machine’s cumbersome nature deterred you from using it regularly? Living with obstructive sleep apnea can be a nightmare. While CPAP is an effective treatment for obstructive sleep apnea, there are several down-sides to the CPAP system.
- The face mask is confining
- A dry, sore mouth
- Congested sinuses, nosebleeds, sinusitis or a runny nose
- Sores or irritations on the bridge of the nose
- A bloated stomach?
- Tenderness in your chest muscles?
If you are experiencing one or more of these side-effects, you may be ready to find a CPAP alternative. Here’s the good news! There are alternative sleep apnea treatments available that you might want to look into.
Check out these CPAP alternative treatments
- SomnoDent MAS: Somnodent is an oral appliance is worn over your teeth while you sleep. It helps to keep your airway open and generate more space in the back of your throat. It can alleviate the conditions of sleep apnea and help to eliminate snoring.
- Orthodontics: Braces for sleep Yes! Because jaw grows gradually, your upper and lower jaws may develop differently, affecting your breathing and contributing to your sleep deficiency. Injury, undetected birth defects, a deep overbite or buck teeth can also cause a sleep apnea problem.
Find the right CPAP alternative treatment
Experts estimate that living with sleep apnea will eventually take 10-15 years off your life. Dealing with it will not only improve your sleep, it will also boost your energy and health. If your current treatment is not helping you control your sleep apnea, it is time to look for an alternative. If you would like more information on CPAP alternative treatments, come in for a complimentary consultation.