Orthodontic Braces: Your Ticket to a Healthy and Beautiful Smile
Are you tired of hiding your crooked teeth behind those pursed lips?
Do you want to finally laugh out loud without being cautious of what people may think about your teeth alignment?
Well, orthodontic braces could be just the thing for you.
No matter how old you are, crooked teeth can be a real problem. The biggest blow of misaligned teeth is to your self-esteem. You’ll always feel inferior to the people around you. Worse still, even if you maintain proper oral hygiene, it doesn’t stop people from making negative comments about your crooked gnashers.
Can Adults Benefit From Orthodontic Braces?
Forget about the misconception that braces are only meant for kids and teenagers. Apart from kids’ and youth braces, we also have adult braces.
Many adults are enjoying the benefits of having the healthiest and best-looking smiles all thanks to orthodontic braces. In fact, according to the American Association of Orthodontists, it is estimated that 25% of orthodontic patients in the country are adults.
Reasons Why Adults Wear Orthodontic Braces
Some of the top reasons why adults seek orthodontic treatment include:
- To correct a relapse of an earlier orthodontic treatment
- To have a more aesthetically pleasing smile
- To close spacing and gaps between teeth
- Decrease tooth wear caused by chewing
- Improve the ability to chew food
Benefits of Wearing Adult Braces
As an adult, wearing braces offers a multitude of dental and health benefits including:
- Decreased chances of developing periodontal disease
- Reduction in general tooth decay
- Reduction in digestive disorders
- Decreased chances of tooth injury
So what are you waiting for? Let us assist with your adult braces today.
Will I Have to Wear Ugly Metal Orthodontic Braces & Wires on My Teeth?
Many teenagers dread being told that they need youth braces for fear of looking awkward with huge braces on their mouths. Some even refuse to wear them altogether.
We have good news. Fear no more, with invisible braces!
Even though the mechanics of teeth straightening has remained relatively unchanged over the years, we cannot say the same for hardware. You now have access to a number of appliances that straighten teeth faster, and in some cases, invisibly.
Some of the advancements in the field of orthodontics include:
- Instant Orthodontics: This is the artful application of porcelain veneers that achieve the same results as traditional orthodontics but in a much lesser time and uses fewer appliances. In just two or three visits, you’ll be saying goodbye to that crooked teeth alignment.
- Invisalign: These are clear removable aligners that provide both aesthetics and convenience to patients. They are used to treat a wide range of malocclusions, from slight to moderate over bites, open bites, and deep bites. These aligners are removed while eating to reduce the chances of getting spinach stuck in between your teeth during an important lunch with your bosses.
- Lingual braces: And if you do not want the look of traditional braces or the hassle of removable aligners, then the lingual braces is the best choice for you. Each bracket of these braces is customized and attached to the back of your teeth where it is completely hidden from everyone’s view.
Improved facial structure, enhanced self-confidence, healthy teeth and gums are just a few of the many benefits of correcting your teeth with our orthodontic braces.
To bring out the beautiful smile on your face, book an appointment with Dr. Westman today. It’s your time to smile!