Invisalign Braces For Kids & Adults – Effective, Comfortable And Removable
What Is Invisalign?
Almost invisible, an Invisalign treatment is a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks as your teeth gradually move.
Each aligner is precision fit to your exact measurements to shift your teeth.
Dr. Westman custom-fits them to your mouth, you end up with a straight smile – perfect for you!
What Concerns Can Invisalign Correct?
- Crowded teeth — not enough room within your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally. Left untreated, this can lead to dental decay, gum disease and interfere with your bite, resulting in TMJ.
- Widely spaced teeth – missing teeth or abnormal continued growth of the jaw bone. If you have space between your teeth, this can lead to bacteria build-up and then to gum disease.
- Cross-bite — the upper and lower jaws are misaligned. This can cause wear and tear on your teeth, and the consequences can be serious — gum disease and bone loss.
- Overbite — the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth. This is caused by genetics, bad oral habits or over the development of the bone supporting the teeth. Again, the consequences for you can be bad oral health – gum problems or irritation, wear on the lower teeth and pain and problems with the jaw and jaw joint
- Underbite — the lower teeth protrude past the top teeth. This is usually caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jaw, or both, or by missing upper teeth. An underbite can prevent the teeth and molars from functioning normally, leading to tooth wear, jaw and joint problems.
How Does The Bioliners™ Plus Work?
You will receive a series of custom made Bioliners™. Each series includes two aligners. One aligner, the Bioliner™, has soft clear silicone inserts which gently pushes on the teeth causing them to move. This aligner achieves the bulk of the movement and is worn for approximately 2 weeks.
The second aligner, the Plus, is more rigid and completes the remaining movement. The Plus aligner is worn for another 2 weeks. After you have completed the first set of Bioliners™, if more movement is needed, the doctor will give you another series of Bioliners™.
Schedule A Consultation
Choose Invisalign braces Racine WI by Dr. Westman. He can help create a custom program for you to deal with your dental or orthodontic issues. He is an experienced Invisalign and Bioliners™ dentist and can determine if this procedure is the best treatment for your needs. To learn more contact us at 262.639.7000 to schedule an appointment!